Truffle pizza is a fantastic topping option whether you use fresh truffle or truffle products. This recipe results in a pizza you’ll make over and over again: it’s that delicious!
Originally published July 29, 2013
I’ve mentioned before that I like to “copy” recipes after I eat something I love at a restaurant and one of these is a truffle pizza.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Here is one of my creations after eating the wild mushroom and truffle pizza at Luna Park restaurant in Los Angeles. I think I’ve come very close to the original, and I’m extremely happy with the results and think you will be, too!
I would never have thought to combine brie and crème fraîche (especially with truffles) on a pizza, but they are so perfect together. Additionally, the fresh arugula thrown on after it comes out of the oven makes it a fresh and lively pizza. It’s perfect when cut into small pieces as an appetizer or made into individual pizzas for a meal.
Love arugula? Try this easy bresaola appetizer.
Try to take the few minutes it takes the day before to make the homemade pizza dough, versus buying it. Alternatively, you can also make an easier no knead pizza dough the night before. It will make a huge difference in the final result of this truffle pizza.
(with Mushrooms, Brie, and Arugula)
Inspired by Luna Park, LA. serves 6 as an appetizer
FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE BELOW
- pizza dough
- extra virgin olive oil (plain or truffle flavored)
- wild mushrooms or fresh, sliced white or crimini sliced mushrooms
- crème fraîche
- truffle salt
- fresh arugula
Directions to Make Mushroom Brie and Arugula Pizza
Preheat oven 500ºF
Begin by sautéing the sliced mushrooms in a little extra virgin olive oil, and sprinkle with a little salt. Next, mix the crème fraîche, truffle salt and truffles (if using from a jar/tin) together and set aside.
Shape the dough into two rectangular shaped pizzas, or how ever many you want to make, in whatever shape you like. Drizzle with a little of the olive oil, then top with the truffle crème fraīche, and slices of brie.
Now sprinkle the mushrooms on top.
Bake in a super hot oven. When ready, toss some arugula leaves over the pizza and shave some fresh truffle on top (if using) and serve immediately.
It is still very good at room temperature, but the arugula wilts on leftovers, so if you’re not serving it right away, leave the arugula (and fresh truffle) off until just before serving.
Enjoy this mushroom brie and arugula pizza!
Don’t miss another recipe or travel post, sign up for my free subscription.
- one recipe pizza dough
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (plain or truffle flavored)
- 8 oz or more wild mushrooms or fresh, sliced white or crimini sliced mushrooms
- 6 oz brie
- 6 oz crème fraîche
- 1/4 tsp truffle salt
- 1 to 2 oz truffles, chopped finely (I used truffles in a glass jar, from Italy)
- fresh arugula
Preheat oven 500ºF
- Begin by sauteeing the sliced mushrooms in a little extra virgin olive oil, and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Next, mix the creme fraiche, truffle salt and chopped truffles together and set aside.
- Shape the dough into 2 rectangular shaped pizzas, or how ever many you want to make, in whatever shape you like. Drizzle with a little of the olive oil, then top with the truffle creme fraiche, and slices of brie.
- Now sprinkle the mushrooms on top.
- Bake on the floor of the oven (or lowest rack) for 4 to 8 minutes (or until bottom of crust is golden brown when you lift to check it).
- When bottom is brown, place on a higher rack until the top is cooked and edges are starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack. Wait about 3 minutes, then sprinkle with arugula and serve immediately.
- This pizza is best served hot, but it is still very good at room temperature.
Omit the truffles if you don't like them (or the mushrooms).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 540Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 517mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 12g
All nutrition information is estimated.