This culinary Europe trip itinerary is a good starting point if you’re planning a trip to Europe, especially if you’re a foodie!
Hi everyone! I’m finally back in Los Angeles after traveling in Europe for over five weeks, and I must tell you that could never have imagined that my trip would be as phenomenal as it was.*
I managed to book all my flights for my culinary Europe trip about a month before I left. This meant there was truly no time to do any real planning or research for the cities I visited. Granted, I did visit a lot of family, but sometimes I almost pinched myself when I realized where I was and what I was doing, just to make sure it was really happening! I didn’t have a lot of time to think about it beforehand.
I was extremely fortunate with the weather. Even when the forecast in Scotland had predicted rain every day that I was going to be there, I managed to end up in some of the best weather of the entire summer. Just take a look at this shot of the river behind The Pollok House in Glasgow!
You’ll find all the posts from my trip listed below in chronological order. If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below or message me at my email address.
Christina’s Culinary Europe Trip Itinerary
- WARE, UK- Afternoon Tea at Hanbury Manor
- LONDON, UK- The Bull & Hide Pub, Hotel and Restaurant
- BRUGES, BELGIUM- A Super Lekker, Authentic Recipe for Belgian Waffles and a Day Trip to Bruges!
- GENEVA, SWITZERLAND (part 1)- Stunning Geneva, and her Delicious Offerings
- GENEVA, SWITZERLAND (part 2)- Cottage Café and a Photographic Tour of Geneva
- GENEVA, SWITZERLAND (part 3)- Old Town Geneva, Carouge and Cheese and Bacon Crostini
- BORDEAUX, FRANCE- The Day Two Ex-Pat Scottish Girls Met and Discovered Bordeaux, France
- MONTPELLIER DE MÉDILLAN, FRANCE- Cooking Class with Karen Burns Booth and Jill Colonna
- PARIS, FRANCE- 6 Things Not to Miss in and Near the Montparnasse Area of Central Paris
- TERRACINA & SPERLONGA, ITALY- Paccheri with Seafood Sauce & a Drive from Rome to Sperlonga
- CASSINO, ITALY- Lazio Towns and Markets and Authentic Peasant-style cooking from Il Contadino
- FRASCATI and LAGO ALBANO, ITALY- Festa di Santa Lucia & How Not to Drive to Ciampino Airport
- ROME, ITALY- Hotel Columbia, Rome and How to Find Authentic Italian Cuisine in Touristy Italy
- BATTLE, HASTINGS and BEXHILL, ENGLAND- Chicken, Brie and Cranberry Pie and Battle and Bexhill
- AYLESBURY, WOODSTOCK and KNUTSFORD, ENGLAND- Waddesdon Manor, Blenheim Palace and Tatton Hall
- GLASGOW and HELENSBURGH, SCOTLAND- The Pollok House and Craigard Tearoom
- AUCHTERARDER, SCOTLAND- Afternoon Tea at Gleneagles Hotel
In the interest of full disclosure, I’d like to explain that all of my positive posts, reviews and writing are not fully inclusive of the places I visit. Whenever I have a bad experience, don’t like the food or service I’ve been given, or simply don’t like the hotel, restaurant or town, you won’t see it here. Rest assured that I will not be writing about them as I don’t want my site to be a place of negativity. I can also promise you that I have omitted places that have not been up to my standards.
Everything you read on my site is based on my own opinion, and that is all.
On occasion, I will make suggestions on what to avoid, or share information about something that may help you, as travelers, and in those cases I feel it is helpful and not negative. So if you think that everywhere I go is fabulous, that is simply not true. I only share quality establishments that I deem worthy of sharing with you on my site and would return to myself.
I also make it clear if my meal, attraction ticket or hotel stay was complimentary or hosted. If there is no disclosure, I paid for it myself, and the same rules apply in both situations. Just because something was given to me does not mandate a positive review.
Finally, if you follow me regularly, I hope you have come to trust me and know that I am conscientious and honest and that my principles always come first. I truly appreciate you following along!
I hope you enjoyed my culinary Europe trip!
Don’t miss another recipe or travel post, sign up for my free subscription below!
I promise not to share or sell your email address, ever.