Avocado mousse secretly disguises avocado within swirls of deep, dark chocolate flavor. Not only is it delicious, but it’s healthy and nutritious. Win-win.
This avocado mousse is one of those sneaky treats which uses a healthy ingredient that no one knows is included!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I bet if you asked, no one would guess that the creamy mousse is made with avocado!
I’m not usually a nature hater, but I’m still at war with a squirrel in my avocado tree. You may recall my frustration with this creature over a year ago when I posted my avocado and tomato salad.
Well, all this time later, that squirrel still gets to more of my avocados than I do! I pick so many of them off the ground that I just had to do something different with the avocados as they were ripening all at once.
Love avocados? Try this avocado toast recipe, it’s fantastic (with burrata!)
Serendipity struck when I saw Manu’s Menu‘s chocolate avocado mousse recipe! It looked so dark, thick and rich, and so incredibly easy to make. I made a few changes to this chocolate mousse with avocado as I wanted a more boozy dessert, and though coffee might be a nice addition.
Are you looking to use avocado in a main course instead?
Try my Pasta with Avocado & Cherry Tomatoes!
By the way, no one in my family realized that there was avocado in the avocado mousse until I told them, but not until after they’d scoffed them all!
adapted from Manu’s Menu Chocolate Avocado Mousse serves 4
FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE BELOW
- dark chocolate
- unsweetened cocoa
- Kahlua or other coffee flavored liqueur
- espresso powder
- pinch of salt
- confectioner’s sugar
Special equipment: food processor
Step by Step Directions for Avocado Mousse
Melt the chocolate and set aside.
Place the remaining ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
Add the melted chocolate and blend until evenly mixed to create the avocado mousse.
Ta dah! See how easy that was? It’s ready! You can now taste it to see if you like more sugar, or more coffee flavor, and adjust to your liking.
Pipe or spoon into serving glasses, bowls or cups and refrigerate until ready to serve. If you liked my avocado mousse recipe, I bet you’ll like more of my desserts, like this easy blender lemon ice cream recipe. Others can be found directly below.
Don’t miss another recipe or travel post; sign up for my free subscription!
- 1/2 c (4 oz) dark chocolate (good quality, like Green & Black's)
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and cored
- 1/4 c (1 oz) unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tbsp Kahlua or other coffee flavored liqueur
- 1/4 tsp espresso powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 c confectioner's sugar (more or less to taste)
- Melt the chocolate and set aside.
- Place the remaining ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate and blend until evenly mixed. You can taste it to see if you like more sugar or more coffee flavor and adjust to your liking.
- Pipe or spoon into serving glasses, bowls or cups and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Ingredient measurements aren't critical in this recipe.
- Omit the alcohol and use coffee, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 42mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 7gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g
All nutrition info is only an estimate.
Christina’s Cucina is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.