This caramel popcorn is so quick and easy, you can whip it up from start to finish in 15 minutes! It’s the easiest and best crunchy caramel popcorn recipe, ever! Make it your own personalized recipe by adding your own choice of nuts, coconut or ?
Originally published February 3, 2013
Do you love sweet and crunchy, addictively delicious caramel popcorn?
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
It’s perfect for movie night, sleepovers, camping, and of course sporting events like Super Bowl parties!
So, I’m sharing a super simple recipe for my go-to caramel popcorn. There’s no thermometer needed, and only bakes for 10 minutes! This is a recipe my brother used to make, so unfortunately, I don’t know who to credit for the original recipe.
NOTE: As you can see from the photos, this is a lightly covered caramel popcorn, so it’s less sweet and has less calories than popcorn coated in a heavy caramel. If you prefer the latter, then double the amount of butter, sugar and Golden Syrup, or pop half as much (or less) popcorn. Add some toasted nuts or coconut, if you like, too!
Caramel Popcorn Recipe
This is such an old recipe I’ve been making, I don’t know where it originated Serves 4
FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE BELOW
- popping corn, popped
- Golden Syrup
Note: Lyle’s Golden Syrup is a flavorful British corn syrup alternative which is less processed than corn syrup.
Preheat oven to 300ºF (150ºC)
Place the popped popcorn in a large bowl and set aside. Melt the butter with the remaining ingredients in a small pot over low heat. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 1 or 2 minutes.
Next, remove the syrup from the heat and immediately pour over the popcorn (and other add ins, if using) in the bowl.
Mix gently, then place onto a non-stick baking sheet. Using two forks, gently continue to stir the caramel popcorn.
Now, place tray in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Remove and mix the caramel popcorn gently, then place in oven for another 5 minutes or so.
Remove from oven and allow to cool; break into pieces and enjoy this awesome caramel corn!
And have you tried my “no fry” Buffalo Hot Wings? You seriously need these ASAP!
My friend Serena has a lovely recipe for pretzel bites which would also be a great addition to the caramel popcorn for a Superbowl party!
Subscribe to my free weekly newsletter and never miss another post.
- 85 g (1/2 cup) popping corn, popped (makes a large bowlful)
- 113 g (1/2 cup) sugar
- 113 g (1/2 cup) butter
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp Golden Syrup (see Notes)
Preheat oven to 300ºF (150ºC)
- Place the popped popcorn in a large bowl and set aside. Melt the butter with the remaining ingredients in a small pot over low heat. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Remove the syrup from the heat and immediately pour over the popcorn in the bowl.
- Mix gently with two forks, then place onto a non-stick baking sheet.
- Place tray in preheated oven for 5 minutes, remove and turn gently, then place in oven for another 5 minutes or so.
- Remove from oven and let cool; break into pieces and enjoy!
- Golden Syrup is a British corn syrup alternative which is incredibly delicious and less processed than corn syrup.
- You may want to make a double batch because it goes quickly!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 40mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is only estimated.
Christina’s Cucina is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.