Pineapple upside down cake shot is a unique shooter drink which is reminiscent of the cake’s flavors featuring pineapple and cherries!
If you love pineapple upside down cake, you’ll want to try these pineapple upside down cake shots!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Reminiscent of the vintage pineapple and cherry cake recipe, this shot is a fun and boozy homage to the original bake. I also just happen to have the recipe for a classic pineapple upside down cake, if you’d like one.
What’s in a Pineapple Upside Down Cake Shot?
Since we’re not making a cocktail, this shot contains only two ingredients: pineapple vodka and maraschino cherry liquid/juice.
I used Ciroc pineapple vodka which is quite good, and Santa Barbara Olive Company maraschino cherries, which are filled with awful ingredients, but my homemade candied cherries are not in liquid. I may just have to make my own version to use in this recipe as well as the pineapple upside down cake, so stay tuned!
What Makes a Shot Different than a Cocktail?
A shot is usually only one or two types of liquor or spirits. A shot is NOT a smaller serving of a mixed drink or cocktail. If you are taking a “shot” and it’s mostly juice, mixers with a small ratio of alcohol, you are not making or drinking a shot.
A shot is also usually consumed in one go, or one “shot.” We’re not pouring a liqueur into a pretty glass and sipping away. Shots or shooters are usually “thrown back.” Think of old cowboy movies where the patron at a saloon would throw back a shot of whisky.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Shot
by Christina Conte Makes 1 shot
PRINTABLE RECIPE BELOW
- good quality pineapple vodka
- Maraschino cherries
- Measure a shot of the pineapple vodka and add it to the glass.
- Add the maraschino cherry liquid (from the jar of cherries.)
- Garnish the pineapple upside down cake shot with a maraschino cherry and slice of pineapple, if desired.
Repeat for more servings, but be sure that you don’t sip this shot, or else it’s no longer a shot!
Don’t miss another post, sign up for my free subscription here!
- 1 shot (1.5 oz) pineapple vodka (I used Ciroc)
- 1 Tbsp maraschino cherry juice
- (1 marachino cherry and/or chunk of pineapple, optional)
- Measure and pour the vodka into a shot glass.
- Pour the maraschino cherry juice into the glass (use the back of a teaspoon so it doesn't splash).
- Optional: garnish with a maraschino cherry and piece of pineapple.
- Use your favorite pineapple vodka brand.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 34gProtein: 0g
Nutrition information is only estimated.
Try this super easy, no bake, pineapple dream dessert recipe.
Christina’s Cucina is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.