This shrimp fettuccine with a light cream sauce and tomatoes is perfect for a simple weeknight meal. For company, just arrange the shrimp on the plate with some parsley and it’s a fancy-schmancy dish!
I first saw this recipe on a TV cooking show many years ago. I don’t think I even had children then, and they are now 21 and 24 years old!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You can see that I wrote the recipe into my book, added a sketch of the dish, and it’s been there ever since.
I simply don’t make this often enough because I really love this way of making shrimp pasta. (I usually make it with garlic.) Unfortunately, I researched online, but couldn’t find the original recipe, so I don’t know to whom to give the credit. All I remember is that it was a male chef. :(
You can whip it up and throw it together for a weeknight meal. No fancy plating required if you don’t want to spend the time.
However, if you’re like my friend Jill (Mad About Macarons) (who styles every single meal for a beautiful presentation), then serve it this way. Arrange the shrimp in the same way and add a few parsley leaves on the side of the plate.
Shrimp Fettuccine with a Light Cream Sauce
Adapted from a TV cooking show (printable recipe below)
Fry the shallots in a little oil and butter until translucent, then add the shrimp.
When the shrimp are cooked (pink), remove them and set aside.
Put the pan with the shallots back on the heat, add the diced tomatoes and season. Next, add the Vermouth (or white wine) and brandy. Add the cream and parsley. Finally, add the fettuccine and mix with the sauce over low heat.
Plate the fettuccine as desired.
Add the shrimp to the top of the pasta with the sauce and additional parsley, if desired.
Enjoy while piping hot!
Sign up for my FREE subscription below and never miss another recipe or travel post!
- 1 lb fettuccine (if using egg pasta, use 12 ounces)
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh or frozen, deveined shrimp with tails left on
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 or 2 small Roma tomatoes, blanched, skin and seeds removed, and diced
- 2 oz dry white, Vermouth (or white wine)
- splash of Brandy
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- few sprigs of fresh Italian parsley, chopped (whole leaves to add to the plate, if desired)
- sea salt and white pepper
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package (if using egg pasta, don't cook it until the sauce is almost ready as it cooks much more quickly).
- Fry the shallots in a little oil and butter (with a pinch of salt) until translucent, then add the shrimp.
- When the shrimp are cooked (pink), remove them and set aside.
- Put the pan with the shallots back on the heat and add the diced tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Next, add the Vermouth (or white wine) and brandy. Add the cream and chopped parsley. Finally, add the pasta and mix with the sauce over low heat.
- Plate the fettuccine as desired. Add the shrimp to the top of the pasta, with additional parsley, if desired. Enjoy while piping hot!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 3 oz
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 510Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 268mgSodium: 1042mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 30g
Christinaâ€™s Cucina is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.