I’m sure many of you are making leftover turkey sandwiches, or turkey pot pie today from that Thanksgiving turkey, but how about something different?
Remember that Turkey Schnitzel with Leeks and Butter Sage Sauce recipe I posted about a three weeks ago? Well, guess what? You can use the leeks and butter sage sauce on your leftover turkey for another fabulous meal!
Whether you freeze the turkey and make it in a week or two, or make it the day after Thanksgiving, it’ll taste great. Just follow the recipe, and serve it hot over reheated leftover turkey…
Voila, dinner is served!
Leftover Turkey with Leeks
and Butter Sage Sauce
- leftover turkey, slices of breast or boneless pieces, cut into similar sizes
- 1 large leek (about 6 oz) cleaned and thinly sliced
- 5 tbsp butter, unsalted, cut into 1 tbsp pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil (not extra virgin)
- 1/3 cup (3 oz) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) chicken broth (or 1/2 tsp Better than Bouillion with 1/2 cup water)
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp finely minced fresh sage
- salt and pepper to taste
For directions and photos on how to make the sauce…just click HERE,
then scroll down to the Leeks and Butter Sage Sauce.
Don’t miss another recipe or travel post, sign up for my free subscription below!
I promise not to share or sell your email address, ever.